Default Ghostly Lodging Choices?

We've published an article today about a handful of the inns and hotels that are reputed to be haunted if you're looking for a special lodging choice this month.

I'd love to know about any haunted motels or places you've experienced!

Mark

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Interesting, I didn't know the Queen Mary was "haunted":)

I've never been there but some people I know stayed at the Ottawa Jail Hostel in Ontario... Nothing exciting or creepy happened apparently.

I went to l'Auberge du Joli Vent in Brome Lake, Qc a couple of times, but nothing happened. I didn't stay overnight though.

I don't think I ever stayed at a famous so-called haunted inn, but I did visit a lot of abandoned buildings and structures that were deemed haunted, such as asylums, sanatoriums, schools, courthouses, factories, houses, mines, and tunnels. I never encountered any ghosts or apparitions during my explorations (I'm not very keen on paranormal phenomena), but I did have some freaky experiences - not in motels though.

I once found this weird-looking abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. It was a wooden house with a wide ground floor and a narrow 2-story tower in the middle bearing a star of David on one side. I entered the house and immediately felt weird, like someone was watching me. I started climbing up the stairs and I could feel the hair on my arms standing up and goosebumps on the nape of my neck. I kept trying to tell myself it was nonsense. As I climbed the last few stairs to get to the 3rd floor, I was greeted by a big pair of boots and a full-size mirror. I cringed. I quickly went back downstairs towards the kitchen where I found 5 or 6 dirty stained mattresses and sleeping bags. I looked up and stopped dead in my tracks. The cupboards were covered with handwritten messages and numerous prayer beads were hanging from the shelves, the cupboards and were spread across the floor and the table. The messages were mostly calls for help, asking God to keep them alive, to show mercy, to pray for their souls, etc. I headed out of the house and back to my car as quickas I could.

I've randomly encountered some people in abandoned places who were seeking paranormal phenomena. They were carrying recording devices and some sort of special magnets to communicate with ghosts (...)

Default Courthouse hostel

Quote Originally Posted by Quebec Gen View Post
    I don't think I ever stayed at a famous so-called haunted inn, but I did visit a lot of abandoned buildings and structures that were deemed haunted, such as asylums, sanatoriums, schools, courthouses ...
    The old courthouse in Kamloops was said to be haunted. It was an HI hostel when I stayed there, though nothing unusual happened.

Was pretty creepy though, having a shower. The bathrooms were in what were the cells, in the basement. We slept in what had been the prosecution's office.

Sadly, it no longer is a hostel.

Lifey

Default In California's Gold Country

National Hotel in Jamestown.

Stayed there once; didn't see any sign of Flo but another couple at breakfast said their lights had been turning on and off with no visible sign of why.

Default Nevada Hotel

Megan and I stayed in a room that has, apparently, been host to several sightings of ghosts in the Mickey Rooney mini-suite at the Nevada Hotel. I've had a number of odd paranormal experiences over the years. And one time we went to Skidoo to see if the resident ghost would make an appearance. Marvin the Road Dog and I both heard something that scared us -- Megan thinks we were simply deluded....

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-28-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: oops, wrong name!

The Hotel del Coronado in San Diego is reputed to be haunted in several rooms, though we've never stayed there.

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaR57; 10-28-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added link