1. Default L.a and surrounding area's road trip over 10 day's! - help!!

Hey Everyone,

My Girlfriend & I have booked to fly to L.A from the UK next April and are planning a road trip over a 12 day period with eventually ending up back in L.A to fly home.

Last year we did the drive up to San Fran along the coastal road so this is not on the list for this year.

Below are some of the things I'd like to fit in along the way but they certainly won't take up the whole 12 days. I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Is the weather ok at this time of year in these parts?! I'd also quite like to fit in a Theme Park!! :)

Las Vagas
    Natural Bridges

South of England.

Default Plenty of options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

There is much to see and do by creating a loop to and from LA, that at this moment in time, you should just search around the forums and trip planning resources in the tool bars above where you will find endless info and suggestions. You will also have to consider how much time you would like in LA, Vegas etc and work out what 'free' time you have.

If you want to explore more than 'sit still,' you could look at the possibility of heading to Vegas and then on into southern Utah and the Natioinal parks of Zion and Bryce canyon and then head through Page to GC south rim, [possibly via Monument valley] from where you could head towards Sedona, Lake Havasu, Joshua tree NP and/or other options. Natural Bridges is a little out the way, but again depending on time available for the 'on the road' part of your adventure, from Bryce canyon you could head along UT scenic 12 to Torrey and past Capitol Reef on 24 to Hanksville and south on 95 to NB. From there head to 261 to the Moki dugway and then to Monument valley and GC.

Yosemite, Sequoia NP and Death valley are other options from which you could create a route, one thing for sure is that you won't be able to do it all.

Once you have some dots on the map and have considered your options, we can help fill in the blanks and 'fine tune' your itinerary, enjoy !

3. Default

Thanks for such a detailed response! I will definitely look into these great suggestions.

Our situation has slightly changed now as we've decided to go the the festival in Coachella over the first weekend which well give us 7 days of 'Road Trip' after-woods.

I'm happy to drive 2- 4 hours a day if it means I don't miss something 'Epic' out, it's all very daunting as there's so much we want to do!

I will look into it more over the next few days and get back with my idea's but please if you do have any new suggestion with our now new plan then I'd really love to hear them!!

Thanks again!