1. Default driving from FLorida to California

Need some insight on a route from Florida to No Calif..... wasn't too interested in the boring southern route on interstate 10... so do anyone have any ideas on a northern route that stays on a safe highway? Im moving so I am not too interested in seeing the sights, thank you!

Default More information needed

Welcome!

Where in Florida to where in No Cal, and what time of year? How many days do you have to make the trip?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Without knowing anything about the details of your trip, beyond a very rough starting and ending point, it simply isn't possible to offer you a specific route idea that would work well for you.

What I can tell you is a couple things based on your post. First, the route is never what decides a safe trip. The US has one of the safest highway systems in the world and as long as you are sticking to the highway system (including State and US highways, not just Interstates) you will be perfectly safe, as long as you are practicing safe driving.

As far as "boring" that will also depend completely on you. I-10 isn't boring, unless you decide it will be - and the same could be said about any route that you'd take. I'd strongly recommend you read the Art of the Roadtrip as you start your planning.

4. Default

Jacksonville Fl to Sacramento CA.... no time restraints and it would be May of next year.

May shouldn't have any weather issues to deal with, so you could take just about any route you want.

The fastest route is I-10/I-5, and that's 2800 miles. This is at least 5 days of driving. The following route is only about 140 miles longer:

I-10/I-75/I-24/I-57/I-64/I-70/I-25/I-80

If you are driving a moving truck or towing a trailer, note that this route is considerably more mountainous.

Default Thousands of options.

I would recommend you take a good look around the forums and road trip planning pages above. With no time limitations you can find places that appeal to your taste and get some dots on the map. Once you have done so you can start to research other options in between those places. We can certainly help fill in the blanks, but there are too many options to make meaningful suggestions at this point.

On this 'A to B' route I entered into the Map wizard there are some 114 attractions along the way and you can find many more and create routes in the Map centre. Just put your cursor over 'Maps' in the green tool bar above.

Zoom in and out and click on the flags for more info.

wasn't too interested in the boring southern route on interstate 10...
    Boring is a state of mind and doesn't reflect what you might find just a short distance from the Interstate. Seek and you will find. ;-)

This one thread has thousands of ideas in every state.

If you don't want to wander too far from Interstate, this thread lists places to take a break close to every major Interstate.

Use the search engine and scroll down this page for 'Similar threads' and repeat as many times as you need. Once you have made a start and have more specific questions, I'm sure we can be of more help. There is some wonderful scenery and National parks to be found through Colorado, Southern Utah and there is always Monument valley and the Grand canyon in AZ.

Enjoy the planning !

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    I-10/I-75/I-24/I-57/I-64/I-70/I-25/I-80

If you are driving a moving truck or towing a trailer, note that this route is considerably more mountainous.
    And if you are not driving a moving truck or towing a trailer, may I suggest that you stay on I-70 and then continue on US 50 all the way to Sacramento. It will be a trip you will never forget, for all the right reasons.

That is of course, if you have followed Michael's advice, and read the Art of the RoadTrip.

Lifey