1. Default From Miami, FL to Boulder, CO

First time planning somewhat of a road trip. My daughter is moving to Boulder and I am driving her and my granddog there next Saturday. Mapping this I realized we have to cross 8 states and thought it would be nice to do a little sight seeing along the way, hoping this is not much of an issue with a dog. The more I try to map and figure out where to stop and what to do, the more my nerves start going. I'm the type that likes to know where I am going, how long it's taking me, how much I'm spending and where we are staying. It's just becoming so overwhelming. Would really appreciate any advise you can give me. Thanks

2. Default

Mammoth Cave National Park is a great place to stop. They have awesome cave tours. It is north of Nashville, TN, just outside Bowling Green, KY. Also, Royal Gorge is a must see in Colorado. It is south of Colorado Springs. They have a train tour at the bottom of the gorge which is really nice too. Hope this helps!

Joplin MO

How many days do you have available for this trip? Just to drive it via fastest route with no sightseeing stops is 4 full days. Suggested overnights would be Macon GA, Paducah KY, and Topeka KS, all of which are large enough towns to have a good selection of hotels, and reservations shouldn't be necessary. Motel 6 is a pet-friendly chain, and if you are looking for something better than a "budget" motel, La Quinta is also pet-friendly. There are also plenty of other hotels that would accommodate a dog.

South of England.

Default The basics.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

I would suggest you study a good map of the US and see what it is that appeals to you and get some dots on the map. Once you start to join the dots and create your favoured route, then you can see what else is in between. We can certainly help to fill in the blanks once you have got this far, but knowing nothing of your route, interests or how long you have to make the trip, it's tough to make meaningful suggestions.

You will find a lot of info searching the forums and looking at the resources in the tool bars above. There you will find things like the Map centre where you can create routes and search for attractions. By the most direct Interstate route, you will be looking at a minimum of 3.5 days of driving with time for regular short breaks for lunch, stretch the legs, walk the dog and fill with gas etc.

Once you have got the basics sorted and new questions come up, just ask.