Thread: I need help!!

1. Default I need help!!

Next summer I will be traveling to all 30 parks and need as many people to pitch in ideas as they can. Thank you all so much.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 09-10-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: New members may not post off site links.

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you need people to pitch in ideas, then you need to pitch in more about your plans. Share some details about the kind of timeframe you are looking at, how you plan to go about it, where you are starting/finishing, and what kind of "ideas" you are looking for.

And you need to share your plans here, rather than just trying to drive people to your website/blog, as it is extremely rude and it is forbidden as part of forum policy (clearly laid out as part of both the sign up, and the welcome email you received.)

If you give us more information, then we'll be able to start providing some assistance.

3. Default

I apologize for breaking the rules. I just thought that it would be acceptable considering we have a mutual goal in mind. You guys want to discuss travel and I'm planning on travel. Just figured I'd send them to my blog to give them a better feel for the actual project.

For you who did not get the opportunity to see my link here is what I'm trying to do. Next summer I want to travel to all 30 of the MLB Parks. The reason I want to do this is simple, I am currently on my second tour to the middle east and we all sit around talking about our dreams. After my first tour I realized that life gets in the way and most people dont do what they had always talked about. This time around I'm going to do exactly what I have always dreamed of. This really isin't the forum to get into to why I want to do all that stuff so I'll get down to the nitty gritty.

I will be traveling for an undetermined amount of time next summer. I will either start in April or June and it will carry out the lenght of the summer. I will be traveling with my girlfriend who is Canadian and will it be our first time traveling America together. We will start in Detroit through the Ohio region, Toronto, down the east coast, around florida, Texas, Up california to Seattle, Colorado to Kansas, then up to minnesota and finishing in Chicago. We want to take our time and see as much of the US as possible. We want to stay in off the wall spots eat in cool resturants and have a true American adventure.

If you'd like to get a broader story of my journey or would like to follow me during it, send me a private message and I will share the link.

I am open to all ideas.
    Last edited by rbreisacher24; 09-10-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Assuming you want to attend a game in each park, the first thing you need to do is get the schedules for all 30 teams. I've seen where people have done exactly this. If you are a true baseball fan, you also should be able to get some minor league games in too. I prefer going to minor league games over major league games!

Send me a private message with your link, please. I'd recommend you remove your e-mail address from your post.

Default Why not here?

Quote Originally Posted by rbreisacher24 View Post
    ... story of my journey or would like to follow me during it ...
    As a courtesy to those who give advice on this forum, and for the benefit of future roadtrippers who may wish to do a similar trip, why not post your journey here. This is the forum for on the road reports and photos. I am sure it will be much appreciated by all those who come to these forums in the future.

Lifey

Default the goal

We do have a mutual goal, but it is not just to discuss travel, it is to help you have a great of trip as possible. But if you want that to happen, you need to be a part of this community, and not just ask people to go elsewhere to read about it (which frankly most people wouldn't do anyway).

I've never done an "all 30" roadtrip, but I've been to about 20 of the parks and a couple dozen minor league ones too, as I try to work at least a couple games into every trip I take. Here's a good overview of the lessons I've learned.

I will agree that really the first step you'll need is to take a look at the MLB schedule for 2012. The good news is that I expect that it should be released in the next couple weeks. Up until a couple years ago, each team would release it at their own pace, between October and February, and now mlb just releases the whole thing at once in mid-september.

I suspect you're going to have to let the schedule dictate the route and length of your trip to some degree. The northeast/great lakes region has enough parks where you can do a bit of backtracking as dictated by games being played but keep everything fairly together, while areas like Florida, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Seattle where there are only one or two stadiums and you'll need to watch that fairly closely.

Realistically, you're also going to have to figure out a budget too, as what you are talking about would really be a very expensive trip. Any trip that's going to last an entire summer is going to be expensive, and throwing in baseball tickets and cool restaurants is going to add too it.

In any case, if you have any specific questions about your planning, feel free to ask.

An update - Major League Baseball started releasing team schedules this morning. You should find them at mlb.com very shortly (if they aren't already there.)