im very happy to find such a dedicated forum and you guys are amazing. please note that English is not my first language so i hope you are not Allergic to grammar mistakes :)
im a 32 years old, will travel with my wife and this is going to be our first time in America. I travel once or twice a year, i like to explore and get exposed to other cultures. I live in a sunny, flat country, that used to be mostly a desert where it rains like once - 4 days in a year. although airline tickets are not bought yet, my initial plane is:
- arrive in New York on the 9th of October.
- spend around 20 days in America, can add 3 days if necessary to make it 23 day.
- depart from either San Francisco or Los Angeles.
4 nights in New York ( Times )
4 night Las Vegas ( attend La Reves )
4 night in LA and visit Disney (could replace LA with SF if im leaving from SF)
here are some of the questions i have:
- what do you think about the arrival and departure locations?
- what do you think about my distribution of the days ?
- i heard a lot about Grand Canyon but most of the photos i saw were taking from an aircraft so does it look enjoyable when driving
there and what is the usual program/schedule/activities that people do once they are over there? the same questions goes for all the national parks including Yosemite and the others. the concept of National park doesn't exist where i live.
- which one is better the Disney in Orlando or the one in LA. although im a bit old for this, it remains a childhood dream.
- how can i fell the 12-15 remaining days, with a Diverse of activities while driving through a panoramic routes/highways?
- im thinking about driving for about 4 - 5 hours a day and get to an area with lots of things to see and do and book a room to sleep. next day or the day after drive again. i might take an internal flight from NY to an airport in the middle but this way i will miss the white house and the capitol? what do you think? am i going to regret it?
to make it short, can you please assist me in drawing a road map? i would accept any reasonable changes in terms of the 3 major cities or anything else, as you can see i have a lot of questions and i still have more. i have been reading about America since quite some time, but man, the size of this country and the distance from A to B is beyond imagination.