1. Default Last min. road trip!!! Los Angeles to Denver in 6 days

I need help! My fiance and I have an unexpected free 6 days! and so we've decide to take a road trip Los Angeles to Denver.

I have never visited these areas so I am completely blind mapping this thing out. We are cool camping. Love the outdoors, windy roads... Does anyone have a sample map of a great route or even a full trip with over night stays and all???? If not some help on where to stop, what route to take, when to sleep or do some night driving would be fantastic!

Thank you friends xoxo

South of England.

Default Lot's of options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You have many great options, so you will have to pick and choose carefully based upon what appeals to you the most. Some examples of what you can see along the way would include the Grand canyon, Monument valley to Moab, or alternatively you could head up I15 to Zion and Bryce canyon and then Utah scenic 12 to Torrey and past Capitol Reef to Moab. Moab is home to Arches and Canyonlands NP's. From there you could take 128 through Castle valley to I70 and onto Denver. Along the way you have Colorado NM, Glenwood Springs and Rocky mountain NP.

If you chose the Grand canyon/Monument valley option, you could stick to a more southerly route and head towards Durango where you will pass Mesa Verde NP. From Durango you could head north on US 550, AKA, the spectacular 'Million dollar highway' through the mountain towns of Silverton and Ouray to Montrose. Head east on US50 passing Black canyon and through Currecanti Nat Rec area and over Monarch pass to Poncha Springs and to Denver via the 285 or up through historic Leadville.

There are another thousand and one options so it is important that you do a little research and when you have some dots on the map we can help to 'fine tune' your trip. I presume the 6 days is for a one way trip ?

3. Default

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to help us out! These are some great options :-) I'm going to start working on the map. I'll be back with my progress in a bit.

Oh and right it's one way