Hi - I am new to this so my apologies if I have got this wrong?....
We are planning our Road Trip for 2012 from Vegas down the I-15 to LA up the Highway 1 (coastal route via Solvang/Cartmel) to SFC... Below are my questions which I hope someone may be able to answer regarding differnt aspects of this trip:
* Vegas to LA, via Hoover Dam then stopping overnight @ Barstow CA. Got a couple of questions re. Barstow:
(This is for our anniversary so want to do something extra american special)
- Does the Drive-In movie theatre still operate? I have googled the website and sent several emails but with no response?
- Hotels - any recommendations?
- Eating recommendations?
- Safety in Barstow (not assuming any issues, but read some worrying websites) Pls can anyone advise what Dos/Dont's?
* LA to SFC via Solvang then stopping overnight somehwere along the coastal road.... Got a couple of questions re. this route..
- If we leave LA mid morning going direct to Solvang and leaving there by 5pm to drive up the coastal road, where would you recommend a good location to stop overnight which is within good easy reach by car allowing stop offs along the way (not craming in too much driving and less sight seeing lol) and more importantly giving us time to find a hotel for the night and then allowing plenty of time to drive (with stops) upto SFC where we need to drop off our rental car in SFC by 4pm the following day?
- If you can recommend a location on the coastal drive - Can you also recommend a hotel & eatery?
SFC - We will be flying out from SFC so what method of transport to the airport is best recommended from the city centre Taxi/Train?
Finally, We would welcome any advise recommendations for our trip in any of these locations/journeys of things to see/do /avoid etc etc We love to see the Worlds Biggest etc along the routes and also experience real america.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully reply with some helpful tips.