Default Vail, CO to NYC in 27 Days May to June 2012

Hi All,

As a new member to this fantastic site I though it would be nice to through in a little introduction:
    I have the pleasure of living in Vail, CO for one year while doing my management intern ship in on the hotels here. I bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and shipping it back home to The Netherlands when I am done here. Since it will be shipped from NYC it needs to be driven over there, a buddy of mine is flying in to do the trip with me, my brother and cousin.

The plan is to visit the following cities on the way out there;
    Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Chicago, Indianapolis, Daytona, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Philadelphia and finally New York City.
    We want to spend 4 to 5 days in NYC so that makes 22 days to spend over all those miles and city's.

Please let me know which places deserve more time than others and what attractions are must see's/do's along the way? We are leaving Vail on Monday the 14th of May.

I appreciate all the advice!

Regards,
    Niels

Default Must sees and individual interests.

Hi Niels, and Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ncvw View Post
    Please let me know which places deserve more time than others and what attractions are must see's/do's along the way? We are leaving Vail on Monday the 14th of May.
    Without any idea of the interests of you and your companions, it is hard to go through the hundreds, if not thousands of attractions in each of those cities. Suffice to say that on RTA we do not believe in 'must sees'. Everyone has their own must see, according to their interests. But let me give you a start.

Make a list of the attractions you have already identified in the cities you have mentioned. Then do some research on each of those cities for what else there is, taking into account the interests of all four of you. A good place to start is the 'attractions' link in the 'routes & sights' tab on the green bar above, where you will find attractions not only in the cities, but along the routes between them as well. The length of each list will give you a good indication as to how long to stay in each place.

Enjoy the planning. Mischien zie ik je well langs weg, volgend jaar.

Lifey

Just passed through Vail this morning. It's absolutely beautiful!

Denver - - Rocky Mountain National Park comes to mind. Kansas City has fun, music, history, and great BBQ. St Louis has fun, music, history, the Arch, animals, and more. I think you mean Dayton rather than Daytona; if so, it's got the Wright Bros history stuff and the National Museum of the US Air Force.

Washington DC - - well, to me you could spend a week there and not see everything. Same with Philadelphia and New York City.

As Lifey says, take a look around the website. Let us know the interests of you and your friends, and maybe we can make suggestions based on that.

Sounds like a great trip, though!

Donna