1. Default Roadtrip Las Vegas - Orlando

Hi Guys
    I am currently serving in Afghanistan With the british army and wont be back until december 2011, me and my girlfriend are looking to plan a road trip from las vegas - Orlando from january - feburary 2012 so i will have to do most of the planning from here and as you can imagion im pretty limited to what i can acheive.

I was wondering if i could get some advice on good places to go and stop on the way from las vegas - orlando.

Many Thanks in advance guys!

Tucson, AZ

Default The Two Big Unknowns

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

On any RoadTrip with the dimensions of the one you're planning, there are two basic parameters which will determine both the broad outline and many of the specifics of the4 trip, and you have not shared either of those parameters with us. How many days do you have for the drive? and What are your interests? Also, don't sell yourself short on the resources you have at hand, even in Afghanistan. You clearly have access to the single greatest planning tool ever invented and that's the internet. Your time on it may be limited, but for starters, use any mapping routine to see what the basic route looks like. Our own software (available under the 'Maps' tab above) will not only show you the route but attractions along it. Play with the route vtrying alternative roads that still fit within your timeframe. Ask your girlfriend to do the same. Get a few good paper maps or atlases and start marking the places you find that appeal to you. There is a ton of stuff between Las Vegas and Orlando, far more than we can possibly list in a short reply, so you're going to have to determine the basics first. But once you have those two big parameters determined and a rough idea of where you want to go, we can be of a lot more help.

3. Default

Some Places to visit between Orlando and Las Vegas are- Bellagio & Caesars Place, Viva La Vegas, Nevada Railroad Museum- Boulder City, St- Jude Ranch, Lake Mead, Colorado River, Dallas, Panama City etc. You get to visit a lot of places along the road, but there are some places for which you will have to do a slight detour.