1. Default Help! Last Minute trip Vancouver, BC to San Diego and Back

My husband and I got some last minute holidays in the beginning of August. We're newly weds, so trying to stay on budget with travelling. We hope to drive from Vancouver, BC to San Diego and back in 9 days. Is this enough time to drive down and back?

We're planning to take the I5 down, since we probably won't have time for the Oregon coast Hwy 101. We're hoping to visit the San Diego Zoo, Safari, and Sea World.
    It's our first road trip ever and I'm a little nervous. I've read quite a bit on the threads on this forum, but couldn't find something more specific that would suit our needs.
    Would you guys have any trip plans, itinaries, tips, or best places to stay for us? Thanks so much!

South of England.

Default Time in SD v time on the road.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

To start with you have 2.5 days of travelling on Interstate each way to keep things comfortable and safe, so 5 days in total. That gives you the option of 4 days in SD or whatever you take from that time, you could add to exploring on the road. There are many options and not much time, so I would look at a good map and search the forums and green tool bar above for ideas. The 'Maps' section has a large selection of attractions, by just clicking on the map, or you can create routes. On the way down you could 'hook up' with the coast road from Monterey and around the scenic Big Sur section of CA coast to Cambria, and/or on the way back perhaps detour through Klammath falls to Crater lake. North of SF on the coast you will find Redwood NP and Humboltd Redwoods state park, but it's what appeals to you with the time you have that matters.

Once you have worked on your itinerary, if other questions arise, just ask.

Southern California

As for "best places to stay" in San Diego....we have a row of hotels on either side of I-8, which is called "Hotel Circle". There are places in all price ranges, from Motel 6 up to the more ritzy places. Those are very close to both Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. The Safari Park (San Diego Wild Animal Park to the residents who have been around for awhile) is closer to Escondido, but still only 40 minutes from Hotel Circle. There's a hotel reservation section on this website, and an address on "Hotel Circle N" or "Hotel Circle S" would be what I'm talking about.

BTW, if you decide to do both the Zoo and the Safari Park, there's a better priced ticket you can buy.