Default Denver to minneapolis Road trip

Would love to hear suggestions on the following road trip, our group plans to set off from denver on 20 sep and arrive in Minneapolis on the 28 sep, or set off from denver 20 sep and return to denver on the 28 sep.
    Our main interest is exploring south dakota. Would love to hear suggestions about best routes to travel and what to see and do, also best place to stay over night. our group would like to visit Cheyenne, Mt Rushmore, Deadwood, black hills, badlands,and sioux falls.
    thanks.

Default So much to see and do in SD

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forums.

There is a great difference in how far you can get in four or eight days. I did this trip only a couple of years ago. I chose to leave I-25 (exit 126) onto route 18 to Hot Springs, through the Black Hills and onto Wind Cave NP and Custer SP and Rapid City, etc. Or you could continue on 85 to Spearfish and Belle Fourche where you will find the Center of the Nation monument. Further east there is the Badlands and WallDrug at Wall. Worth a visit if you have never been there, especially if you go right to the back of the store to their extensive historical gallery and display. If you are heading back to Denver, this area alone can keep you occupied for the eight days. If you are heading onto Minneapolis you could detour via Pierre the shooting location of a popular movie (the title of which escapes me right now), and then there is the Corn Palace in Mitchell.

Lifey

Thanks for the reply,
    if we decided to do a round trip from denver back to denver taking 8 days, would that be enough time to travel to sioux falls then work our way back?, on the journey back would it be best to travel through nebraska, or back through south dakota?

Default Entirely possible

It would cut down your time in Badlands and the Black Hills, but it is definitely possible to go as far as Sioux Falls.

As for going back through Nebraska, well, here at RTA we don't really believe in 'bests'. Whatever is best for you, is your best route. There is much to see in NE, but it depends on what you are looking for. I particularly love driving off the interstates through the rolling hills while savouring the tranquility and serenity of the plains. But that is 'best' for me. You need to decide what is 'best' for your group. And if they are into touristy attractions, they may like to make a brief stop over at Carhenge near Alliance.

For further places of interest and attractions, you might like to check out the routes&sights tab on the green bar above. And of course, all good maps have many attractions marked along the way, far too many for me to list here.

Lifey