Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default No Snow Roadtrip

I am trying to plan a trip round California in November but a holiday for my wife has to have Sun and no Snow. Everything I read seems to be putting me off. My original plan was Los Angeles, Phoenix, Willams, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Francisco and back to Los Angeles in four weeks. Isn't Las Vegas hot all the time?

Default Arizona, Nevada and California are cooler in November

Las Vegas gets snow... just not every year! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!

In November, the chance of seeing snow is reasonably high for the Grand Canyon and in the mountains near the other cities you mentioned. Temps in November in Las Vegas will be in the mid 60's to mid 70's during the day and dropping to the 40's at night. Very pleasant.

Most of your trip is in the southern part of the state, so not much chance of snow falling on you. But you should be prepared for rain....

If you're seeking hot, you'll need to go further south than California and Arizona in November!

Mark

If you want sun and hot in November, you may want to go to Florida instead!

Default Unpredictable, but...........

I have had a great experience with weather when travelling late Oct/early Nov, but as we all know, the weather has a mind all of it's own. We had blue skies and pleasant weather practically the whole time and when at the Grand canyon it was T-shirt weather [high 60's at least] and around Vegas and into Death valley it was 80-90 degrees plus. The coast around SF was cool but again pleasant, without too much coastal fog that can and does occur in the summer. If you are travelling later in the Month you will most likely run a higher risk of snow and colder temps in some areas.

5. Default

I have driven through the Flagstaff and Williams, Arizona area on I-40 many times during the end of September and early October and experienced two rain drenching thunderstorms, a hail storm, and two snow storms. The hail storm started as intermittent rain and then I encountered a 1 mile segment of pea sized hail on the highway. There were multiple accidents and the traffic was slowly inching along. It was like driving on ball bearings. The only thing that kept traffic moving was the large tires of the semi-trucks that were crushing the hail into slush. even I encountered these situations, the weather was sunny and clear with few patchy clouds before and after Flagstaff.

6. Default

I am trying to plan a trip round California in November but a holiday for my wife has to have Sun and no Snow.
    Any chance you can make the trip in after Labor Day in Sept - Mid-October? I won't guarantee you won't see any snow, but your chances are much better that you won't.

7. Default

Thanks for the informative replies. Looks like we will have to bring the trip forward to October and head for the canyon first. Then head south for the sun.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Haffles View Post
    Thanks for the informative replies. Looks like we will have to bring the trip forward to October and head for the canyon first. Then head south for the sun.
    Good Idea!

9. Default Spoilt for choice

Hi All
    The trip is booked just struggling with the best route from Solana Beach to Las Vegas. Have allowed two days with an overnight stop along the way.

If you just want to get there, take 56 to I-15, that will take about 6 hours.

With 2 days, you could get off the beaten path and see Joshua Tree NP and/or the Mojave National Preserve.