1. Default Honeymooon trip from san fran to las vegas

I am looking for some last minute guidance. I leave tomorrow for LAX on our honeymoon and basically am looking for some information for a drive that we plan to undertake on our way home to Ireland from Las Vegas.

Basically we will rent a car in San Fran on August 2nd and are due in Las Vegas on August 6th. From what i see here the best trip looks like taking in Death Valley and Yosemite NP, i would welcome any suggestions for the best route to take and also where to stop off on the way.

South of England.

Default Lovely drive.

Hello, congratulations and welcome to RTA !

We don't really do 'best' here as the 'best' route or attraction is the one you find most appealing. However there is no disputing that going from SF to LV via Yosemite and Death valley is the most popular route and one of my favourites !

You could easily spend a couple of nights in Yosemite [which is a true gem of the NP system] and then take the Tioga pass [CA120]across the Sierra Nevada to Mono lake where the 120 meets the 395. If you head South to Lone Pine and then take 190 through Death valley and make 1 or 2 overnight stops on the way. Possibly Mammoth lakes or Bishop and then in Death valley , Stovepipe Wells or Furnace creek perhaps. You might have to check availability in and around both parks though, as they are extremely popular, you could search for lodgings in the parks through the National parks site and take a look at the 'Reservations' link in the tool bar above for other options outside. You could also decide to spend a night in Napa valley around the wineries and leave SF via a drive over the Golden gate bridge.