Default Going to Visit Husbands Family in Killeen Texas From NH

My Husband and i are driving from Northern NH to Killeen Texas to visit his family, we are looking for things the adults can do on the way down and things we can do with our 2 yr old daughter for the way back. My husband loves hunting/fishing,Fireworks, Rc Models, I am into Crafts( scrapbooking), books, and bargains.=)These things need to be close to the highway as were pretty good at getting lost in big places.We also have other children who are not coming with us so souviners are a must.Some things id like suggestions for are Zoos, Aquariums,Amusement Areas, Natural Formations (ex..caves and waterfalls in NH),Basicly anything i cant see where i live =) Thanks for the input!

We are going through MA.,CT.,NY.,PA.,WA.,KY.,TN.,and AR, Hope this is Helpful!
    Last edited by Angel; 07-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.

A two-year old will love zoo and playgrounds. S/he's probably a little young yet for amusement parks since many of the ones I'm thinking of have height and weight requirements on many of the "best" rides.

How long do you have for the trip? Do you own a GPS? (I ask because paper maps are wonderful for the long haul, but when trying to find something fairly close by, a GPS is invaluable.)

Donna

We plan to leave on July 23rd in the afternoon and we plan to be home by the 4th of August,We do not own a gps device just a lot of maps and an atlas( from 5 yrs ago) planning to buy a new one. =)

Default Maps and GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    We do not own a gps device just a lot of maps and an atlas( from 5 yrs ago) planning to buy a new one. =)
    If you're a member of the AAA (which would be wise for a long trip - just in case) you can get your maps and touring books free. I agree that a gps could be handy, but be aware that they can send you to an incorrect address or location. I lost count as to how often mine did that, during my last trip. A good map will always be superior!

Lifey

Default Attractions close to the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    These things need to be close to the highway as were pretty good at getting lost in big places.
    For attractions close to your route, check out the attractions under the Routes & Sights on the green bar above. Also the map centre in the Maps tab. And you might like to check out this link.

Of course, with a good and accurate map of 'big places' you won't have any problems 'getting lost'.

Lifey

Default Some Specifics

Just to name a few waterfalls and caves, all within just a few miles of the main highways: Nay Aug Falls, Scranton (PA), Swatara Falls, Newtown (PA), Lower and Upper Falls of the Coal River, St. Albans (WV), one of the best caves around - Mammoth Cave National Park near Bowling Green (KY), and finally Chalk Ridge Falls near Kileen.

AZBuck

Thanks so much!!