1. Default Three Day - Two Night trip to Sierra Mountains

It's been a busy summer and not much time to get away, but we finally got in three days and two nights in the Sierra Mountains. We like this little out of the way campground about five miles off of Hwy 4 near Dorrington, CA on the Stanislaus River at Sourgrass Recreational Area We had plenty of sites to choose from, but we kept running into a problem getting level in the RV. We finally found a spot we could level up on and one we liked! We pretty much had this section of the campground to ourselves the whole time.

NOTE: Weekdays you can find campsites even in California!!

We didn't get settled in till around 3:30 -4 PM, and we then went right into BBQing chicken wings for dinner. We called it our finger food dinner. Chicken Wings, corn on the cob, slices of watermelon and slices of cucumbers. After dinner we took a short hike over the bridge to the other side of the river and went scrambling on the rocks to get a good view of the river. That evening we had a nice campfire (I call them barn burners) and roasted marshmallows once we got some good coals going. The almost full moon came up and it was just to bright to do any star gazing and we sure didn't need flashlights to find our way around the campsite!

Next day we had our favorite camping breakfast of eggs over easy, hash browns and bacon. We were so lazy after breakfast that we just hung around the campsite relaxing. I read a book to help with my withdrawal from no internet connection! Later we took a short hike along the river to see some of the cascade areas. Found a bunch of butterflies and great views of the river. Later that afternoon we took the rest of the cold chicken wings, watermelon and cucumbers for a picnic lunch and sat on the rocks overlooking the river. Later that night we had another great fire and roasted marshmallows again. We opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate our little trip.

This morning we had pancakes, sliced strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast before packing up and hitting the road for home.

I'll try my hand at posting pictures tomorrow.

Default Just chillin'

Sounds like a great little escape from the 'real world' and to have some quality time relaxing.

I look forward to the pictures !

3. Default

I put a few of my pictures up. Link

Is there a way to organize the order of the pictures or do you just have load them in the reverse order you want them to appear?

Default Randomly

Quote Originally Posted by Utahtea View Post
    Is there a way to organize the order of the pictures or do you just have load them in the reverse order you want them to appear?
    When I uploaded mine, it did not seem to matter which I uploaded first, they just appeared in whatever order.... randomly. That is why I included so many into my posts, saved having to try and sort and title them all in the album.

Lifey

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    When I uploaded mine, it did not seem to matter which I uploaded first, they just appeared in whatever order.... randomly. That is why I included so many into my posts, saved having to try and sort and title them all in the album.

Lifey
    Now you tell me ;)

Utahtea