1. Default Help in south dakota

In south Dakota heading to mount rushmore. Need advice on what to see -only have one full day. Already planning on the faces and crazy horse. Any other suggestions thx.Where should we stay in keystone or rapid city?

Green County, Wisconsin

I'd give very strong consideration to Custer State Park - especially the Wildlife Loop. Either Jewel or Wind Cave also make a nice spot to spend a couple hours. Badlands, for me, is also a favorite, although its a ways from the Black Hills and would be tough to include if you just have a day.

Rapid is larger and will have more choices. Keystone is closer, being just minutes from Rushmore, but it is much more of a pure tourist town. The city of Custer might also have some options to consider.

3. Default

Thank you for your suggestions.

4. Default

If you stay in Keystone, plan on visiting Mt Rushmore in the early evening. The lighting ceremony is awesome!

5. Default

I did this about a week ago.

I stayed in Rapid City for two nights. Left early from there to make sure I was at Rushmore around 8am when it opened, then got onto 16A for the fantastic drive down to Custer. The wildlife loop was superb. Had lunch at Custer, then headed to Crazy Horse. Neither monument did a lot for me, but Custer State Park was stunning, and the driving itself was really exciting. I then headed back to Rapid City.