1. Default Georgia to New Mexico

My husband and I along with our two sons are wanting to drive to NM from GA in Sept. We are looking for a fun itinerary. Our final stop will be Albuquerque. We are planning on going to the Balloon Fiesta there in October. Any suggestions???

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

The definition of "fun" can vary greatly from person to person, so first answering a few questions about yourselves might help.

How much time do you have for this trip?
    What do you enjoy doing? (This goes for the group as a whole, as well as individually.)
    Are you looking to explore the two-lanes between the destinations, or are you more interested in sticking close to the Interstates? (They're not mutually exclusive, however.)
    Are there anythings that you would rather not do?

3. Default

We will be leaving out on Sat, Sept 24th and need to be in Abq, NM on Tuesday Sept 27th. We will leave out on Sat, Oct 1 and return home. We will have more time going than coming home. We may or may not take our kids but do want some fun stuff to see on the way there (not so much museums but cheap road side attractions would be great). We definitly want to see some "Route 66" attractions on our trip. Any suggestions????

South of England.

Default Some listed options.

I don't have any first hand knowledge along this route, but by looking around the forums and road trip planning pages you should find some ideas to get you started. Once you have some dots on the map and started to create a route, I am sure other members will be able to help you fill in the blanks. You can create custom routes using the Map centre [found in the tool bar above] and find attractions.

I created a map, using the Map wizard, where you can zoom into the map shown below and click on a number of possible attractions to get details and to see what might might appeal to you.

You could opt for a different route home to the one you take there for a change of scenery. You have the best part of a 3 day drive each way so you won't have a whole lot of time for wandering, but it will be at a comfortable pace.