1. Default Florida to Chicago

Taking my girlfriend on a trip from south florida upto chicago. She is British and hasnt been anywhere in the states other then Disney in Orlando. She thinks that is what America is like and I want to show her some sites on the road trip. Any help or Suggestions would be great thanks..

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

How much time do you have for this trip? What kinds of "sites" are you interested in?

You've got a tone of options depending upon those answers. You could head up the Atlantic Coast, even as far as places like DC or NY, before heading back to Chicago.

You could go more direct, spending a little time in the Smokey Mountains, and then up through places like Mammoth Cave.

You could follow the gulf coast, and the make your way up the Great River Road.

Or you could do something else entirely!

3. Default

Thanks for the welcome.

We are actually going to be going from Florida to chicago. Then chicago to New Jersey to catch a flight to australia.

The kinda things that she would like to see are those random road side attractions. We have looked online and gone to the bookstore to see what we can find. Mammouth mountains is something that i have looked at in the past and would like to see.

We plan on doing alot of mini golf within this trip so if you know of any great places to play.

Thanks for the help. really appreciate it.

Dollywood. Awesome. Its in the Smoky Mountains, in Pigeon Forge.. around Dollywood is a great indoor skydiving place and , Mini golf, I believe. If you love Fudge.. oh my, there was fudge being sold everywhere. Don't really know what that's all about.. but who am I to question? I just enjoyed.

For mini-golf the one place that really stands out to me is actually just outside of Chicago.

Ahlgrim Acres is a mini-golf course in the basement of a funeral home!

You can find more details about it in our Map Center, where it is one of the hundreds of possible attractions and ideas you can find if you use that tool of this site.

Default The ones you won't read about.

Quote Originally Posted by yoboo23 View Post
    ... to catch a flight to Australia.
    If you are an Aussie, welcome home. If a visitor, you are most welcome. I hope you have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by yoboo23 View Post
    ... those random road side attractions.
    These are the ones you find by taking the smaller, slower roads. By far the best ones are the ones which are not in books, on web sites or in brochures. The ones you stumble upon by keeping your eyes open and talking to the locals in most places through which you pass.

Lifey