Default Beginner with Tent trailer looking for ideas 9 days leaving Vancouver BC to ???

Hi Everyone! I am brand new here and this is our first summer with a tent trailer, Its myself,hubbie & 3yr old daughter travelling. we have 8 days in august to travel and I am hoping for afew ideas fromthe more experienced.

We are leaving Vancouver BC & willing to go anywhere, hopefully with kids stuff to do, would like to see a few things.

We are already doing a week in the Vancouver isalnd area, as well as are just finishing a long weekend on the san juan islands, have spent loadsof time in Seattle area and go to oregon already once a year to cannon beach area.

Any other ideas? specific places to stay? would love to go somewhere in california but I dont think we will have time, it is possible to extend another day or two but thats about it.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome!

With 9 days, you can easily go to California and back as long as you are willing to forego any sightseeing in Washington and Oregon. You could make it to the OR-CA state line in one long day of driving on I-5, but I'd probably stay a night in southern OR. Would you like to go to Crater Lake?

Weve never heard of Crater Lake! We will go anywhere just for an experience in a new place I think,but we would have to stop for my kiddo to take a few breaks, to get to Cannon beach we stopped 3 times, two just for about 10 minutes and the third for lunch. we do plan to leave very early and hope she will sleep in the car a bit.

Oh, I don't mean drive it with no stops! I meant you can conceivably drive it in one long day. It's about 560 miles from Vancouver to Crater Lake.

5. Default

Have you considered Banff and Jasper National Parks? There is also Yolo, Glacier (Canadian) and Kootenay all with in a short distance of each other. Lake Louise is less than 500 miles from Vancouver.

One thing to keep in mind when traveling with a tent trailer is the set up and take down time. When we had our tent trailer we tried to have as few travel days as we could, then tried to spend several nights in one location so we could avoid the setting up and taking down, especially when our boys were very young. I will say we LOVED our tent-trailer years and miss some of the freedom it gave us!

Utahtea