1. Default New York - Miami 25.July to 13.August

I`m going on a almost 3 week roadtrip from New York to Miami. We are planning on first staying 4days in New York, then taking the train down to Washington DC where we will pick up our rental car. After that our only plan is taking the plane back home to Norway from Orlando on the 13. of august.

I`m wondering if anybody have any suggestions about places we should visit between Washington and Orlando. It can be historical sites, great nature or just fun places to party. We are a group of 5 guys aged 25.

Hope any of you have some suggestions for us =)

Tucson, AZ

Default Any Number from Columns A and B

Velkommen! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Normally, when someone has a week or so for a drive down the east coast I recommend that they choose one of two routes depending on their preferences. In your case, with two full weeks, you can easily do large portions of both as well as some of what's 'in between'. So, I'd suggest that you look over those two routes and see which sites best fit your own idea of a great RoadTrip and then if you need help patching together bits and pieces of both of them I can help you with that.

One other thing of note. If possible, don't pick up your rental car until you are ready to leave Washington. Driving and parking in the city are both difficult and expensive whereas the Metro offers good service throughout the District. In any event, most of the famous museums, monuments and government buildings are all within walking distance of the National Mall.