1. Default Las Vegas to Los Angeles

Hi,
    I am hoping to get some help.
    My family & l are planning a trip to America we live in Austrelia.
    We would like to take a catalac from Las vegas to L.A via rout 66
    Can this be done & if so could someone please let me know & possible send a map for me to download & about how long the trip would be.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 06-29-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Removed non-standard font

Default Maybe, No, and Of Course

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You might be fortunate enough to get a Cadillac if you reserve a luxury class car from a firm that features General Motors (GM) cars in their fleet. But the reservation will certainly contain the phrase "or similar" so that you might just as well get a Mercedes or other marque. It is possible to ensure that you get a specific make and model by renting from one of the many exotic car rental firms in Los Angeles, nut such rentals are expensive, and often come with serious mileage and geographic restrictions.

It is simply impossible to drive Route 66 between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. That route was decommissioned about 25 years ago and replaced by the Interstates (motorways) I-15 and I-40. You can still find a very few streets in urban areas now marked locally as "Historic Route 66" but it's not the same as driving the old open road.

For a map, just click on the Map Wizard tab above to find an interactive map and a whole lot more. Plan on about 4-5 hours with no stops and depending on traffic.

AZBuck

3. Default Road Trip in Las Vegas in a Cadillac

Please help me, l am trying to find a car hire place where l can hire a Cadillac & only a Cadillac not something simular l also need the hire place not to be to far from the paris Hotel

BarbMay

Moderator Note: Please don't create multiple threads about the same trip
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 07-01-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Merged

Default As was said

Buck pretty much already answered your question. The only way you will get a promise of a Caddy is to pay a rather extreme premium.

Hertz is one of the only major companies that does offer some specialty models that you can specifically reserve. They don't have a Cadillac sedan, although they do offer the Cadillac Escalade SUV as one of the exact models you can reserve. However, such a rental will cost you about $2000 a week, returning it in LA.

One or two of the other major companies may have something similar, where you can reserve specialty models, however they will all be very expensive, and most will likely not allow you to take it one way, even to Los Angeles. Otherwise, your only option will be to go with an exotic car rental company - and you'll have to turn to google to find some specific options.

You will likely have to rent from the airport to find any of these specialty vehicles available.

5. Default Thank-You

Thank_you for the help,
    but since my last thread we are now only touring Las vegas for around 24hours only, so is there hire places where l can get the cadillac...

This is the third thread you've started on the same road trip. If you start another thread on this subject, your membership will be cancelled.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 07-02-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: no need for bold here

Default How about renting a limo?

There are places in Las Vegas that specialize in specific cars. What I would suggest is that you search for Exotic cars and when reach a company you ask for a Cadillac.

If you're only going to be in Las Vegas for one day -- I'd actually recommend hiring a limo -- the cost will be less than a Cadillac and you don't have to drive.

Mark

Default Actually, almost the entire way is possible, except....

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    It is simply impossible to drive Route 66 between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
    Route 66 never went to Las Vegas. At Barstow it turned east and headed for Sitgreaves Pass and Kingman, Arizona. However it is still possible to drive most of Route 66 from Los Angeles to Barstow and on to the Colorado River -- (which is not, of course, in Las Vegas). It does require a bit of diligence to stay on Route 66, but I driven the route 3-4 times over the years. And there are still several sections that are "open road" -- in fact, they are much more open road than they were when the route was the official "Mother Road" because much of the fueling stations and attractions have long since closed. Here's a site that can get you started.

Although given your other parameters, you don't have enough time to try this!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BarbMay View Post
    Thank_you for the help,
    but since my last thread we are now only touring Las vegas for around 24hours only, so is there hire places where l can get the cadillac...
    Please actually read the responses you are getting. Only doing this for 1 day, and only staying in Vegas doesn't change anything about what you've been told so far.

Its still going to be very expensive, and you're still going to have very few options. But those options have already been outlined for you - twice.

I have no idea what you may be able to arrange in Las Vegas, but here in Joplin 3 years ago, I was able to get a Cadillac DTS from Avis for $100 a day. I had to "special order" it a couple weeks in advance and the local agent had to bring it in from Springfield. I also had to return it to the same location. I have a feeling that you may not be able to find an agent for a major rental company that's this accommodating in a big city, Joplin still has a lot of "small town" friendliness.