Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Fantastic!

This is just what I was looking for - thank you so much! I knew that the UP was home to thousands of incredible places, but I had no idea where to begin! Now I've got some fantastic (and relatively cheap!) ideas to propose to everybody.

2. Default

Because I prefer to exercise caution on the internet I'll just say we are starting from the NE area of Iowa if that helps anyone!
    I totally understand and agree!

I agree that you shouldn't use 1,500 miles as your turning around point because there will be other miles involved.

I can also understand wanting to leave the state. That's was always my criteria for a "vacation"...and don't ask my why since we live in California with plenty to see and do. ;)

Ok, I'm going to throw my idea out there because it's the destination we did on our second road trip as a married couple when I was 23. This is based on what I like, which is our national parks so you can take that for what it's worth.

I would drive to Yellowstone National Park. It will take two days to get there and two days to get back so you will have 4 days there and you can save one day for Mt. Rushmore & Badlands National Park either on the way in our on the way back. Nothing says a road trip like putting miles between you and where you live. I'd use I-90 for going one direction and use I-94 for the other direction. You can also see Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

I used the north west most city in Iowa to do the mileage and came up with 2,430 miles for the round trip. That gives you plenty of wiggle room on mileage.

Utahtea