1. Default San Fransico-Los Angeles-San Diego-Grand Canyon-Las Vegas-Portland in September

Hello Friends,

I am planning to do a road trip starting at SFO and ending at Portland. I will be staying in SFO for 3-4 days for a conference and will cover SFO and surrounding area in those 4 days. I'm planning to start from SFO and visit LA (Disney land, Universal studio, Hollywood, San Diego (sea world), Grand Canyon, Vegas and return back to Portland, OR. I am thining 7-8 days for this trip I can stretch by couple of day more if required. Any suggestions.

San Fransico-Los Angeles-San Diego-Grand Canyon-Las Vegas-Portland

Green County, Wisconsin

Excluding San Francisco, you listed off 7 things you want to do, pretty much all of them requiring a full day. Plus, to safely cover the miles sticking only to the direct freeway routes, you're talking about roughly 5 full days worth of driving.

With 7-8 days, I don't see anyway of making that math worth without adding more than just a couple more days. Something really is going to have to give. What those things are will have to be up to you, but I will say that just eliminating Vegas and the Grand Canyon would save you at least 2 full days of driving right there.

Southern California

Everyone has their own "druthers", but personally, Sea World is not one of our own favorite places. That said, Disneyland is well worth at least one day (possibly 2, if you want to "do" California Adventure). Universal Studios is a theme park with a studio tour thrown in. Warner Bros has a 3-hour tour which gives you the meat without the extra fluff.

I would agree with Michael that either something is going to have to give, or you should add another 7 days to get everything in that you want to do.

Melbourne, Australia

Default To each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaR57 View Post
    Everyone has their own "druthers"...
    So true... and all the more reason to make sure you design your own trip, include your preferred attractions.

As for me, I could not stand Universal, Warner, Disney, or any other theme park. They all bore me to tears.

5. Default

I am also planning to fly down to SFO and add couple of more days to the trip. Return to SFO and fly back to Portland.

I'll be cutting all the driving back to portland. Thoughts?

Green County, Wisconsin

Eliminating the drive from SFO to Portland saves you a day on the road - of course, you'll spend a chunk of time in the airport instead. So, I'd say the difference is pretty minimal.

7. Default

hmmm so assuming I have 12-15 days, excluding SFO. Please suggest me some good route covering all these places and may be more like Utah.