1. Default henderson to death valley, sequoia & back to henderson

I have a saturday until a wednesday to make this trip...Need to be back to henderson by 2p on weds. I will be leaving henderson about midnite on friday night.
    What is the best route? Is there someplace else nearby(yosemite or a drive up the California coast that would be better to see than death valley?)
    Any help would be appreciated.

Southern California

It's your trip rather than ours, but what I see is that you may not want to spend all 5 days on the road. What you might do is go the opposite direction - drive from Las Vegas to Bakersfield on Friday evening, check into a hotel, then drive up to Sequoia for the day on Saturday. Take a hotel in Fresno, go into Yosemite. Plan to do Sunday and Monday there. Tioga Pass is now open (assuming you are talking about doing this trip one of these weekends coming up) and you could cross Yosemite there and go into Bishop on Tuesday. Cross the Death Valley on Wednesday to get back to Henderson.

You didn't say if Henderson is home, but if it is, I personally would try Death Valley at another time of the year. I know Vegas and Henderson get hot during the summer too (I've crossed through Vegas many times and try to do so early in the morning), but DV is even hotter.

Just my opinion....

South of England.

Default Midnight ?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

A common theme around here is that there is no single 'best' route, it's what appeals to you that is important. You could certainly consider driving across Death valley and up 395 to the Tioga pass [CA120] into Yosemite and down the western side of the Sierra's via Sequoia. It depends on how much time you want to spend on the road. Are you normally awake from midnight ? Not only would it wreck your plans through the day on Saturday due to lack of sleep, but you will also be driving through great scenery in the dark ! Get an early start by all means [5/6am] but make sure you are properly rested before setting off.