1. Default Dallas to Philly - Suggestions?

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning a trip from Dallas to Philadelphia.

We're mostly just trying to get from one place to the other in a reasonable amount of time (about 4 days).

Here is my tentative route:

Any ideas? Anything we should try to see? Anything that might make the trip simpler? (I was planning on stopping in Bloomington to see a friend, but if there is a really good reason not to add those 200 miles, I'm all ears)

Thanks in advance!!

Joplin MO

4 days is quite doable. It would take 2 days to get to Bloomington, and you could get there at a reasonable time in the afternoon. I'd suggest a slight modification - I-30 to I-40 to I-55 to I-57 is spot on, but then take I-64 to US-231 to US-50 to IN-37. A good overnight stop would be somewhere between Blytheville AR and Sikeston MO. If you make it to Sikeston and want a huge fun dinner, go to Lambert's Cafe. Note that they don't take credit cards.

Assuming you spend the night in Bloomington, you can make it to Philly in a day and a half. You could either leave late in the morning or get into Philly early enough to beat afternoon rush hour. Take IN-37 to Indy and take I-70 to the PA Turnpike. Note that the tolls from there to Philly are pretty steep. If you want to avoid some of them, you can take I-79 to I-68 back to I-70, then one of several ways to Philly.

3. Default

Awesome! Thanks for your input! I applied the changes and the route looks much better. Thanks again!