1. Default Advice on East Coast trip

I am taking a last minute road trip for the month of July. I will be traveling the East coast of the states starting in Florida (Tampa area) which is where I live. Im not quite sure how far North I want to go, yet it will be at least to Maryland seeing as how I have a lot of family there. Anyway, I need some ideas of where to go and visit. I will be traveling alone and want to have a great experience. See amazing places, meet new people, just overall have a great time and appreciate places Ive never seen. Hopefully I can get some ideas from all of you because I only have 3 weeks to put this trip together! Im not very familiar with the roads other than I95 seeing as thats how I always get to MD. So if you have ideas can you also let me know how far out of the way it might be...anything is appreciated!

Default Here's a start

Hi and Welcome

In 2007 I did this trip from north to south, all the way along the coast. So much to see... so much to do.

You might like to start here. And when you have more questions, feel free to come back and ask away.

Lifey

Quote Originally Posted by scaleen View Post
    y I can get some ideas from all of you because I only have 3 weeks to put this trip together! Im not very familiar with the roads other than I95 seeing as thats how I always get to MD.
    The roads off of I-81 in Virginia will bring you to some beautiful country, including Skyline Drive.

I've found that driving the two-lanes in Pennsylvania is a very rewarding experience. Recently, I toured the Martin Guitar factory in Nazareth (which is free and takes about an hour) and had a great time.
    Last edited by Mass Tim; 06-15-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Added link and info

Not to thread jack or anything, but could you elaborate about that Martin Guitar factory tour? How long? What was the cost? Is there a link?

I looked at Martins a couple of years ago, but ended up with a Taylor. I loved the sound but not the feel of the Martin.

Donna

Donna -

Added info above.