London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Salt Lake City

Hey all,

Me and my girlfriend are to make a little roadtrip during our stay in the states. Were both from Sweden and its our first time over there so were not exactly sure what sights there are on the way and such. Were leaving Vegas on the 18th and have a hotel booked at Grand Canyon Village during the night, also on the night between the 19th and 20th we have a room booked in Page. But what to do inbetween and from Page to Salt Lake City we have no idea. We have two nights on the road from Page to Salt Lake, we just figured we could take some bed and breakfast on the way. We just want to have a great experience and see some neat stuff so please give us some advice : )

Thanks, Jimmy

South of England.

Default Two great National parks.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You Have the National parks of Bryce canyon and Zion that you could visit in Southern Utah and could easily spend a night at each before driving to SLC. I would spend a day and night at Zion and then head to Bryce canyon where you could make your way towards the city later in the day and stop on route, or spend the night there, Ruby's Inn is pretty cool. Both are remarkable places but of course there are other options and searching around the forums etc a while with a good map to hand will help you decide. You might also consider detouring to Monument valley between GC and Page.

3. Default

I agree with Southwest Dave that Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks are two great stops before reaching Salt Lake City. After leaving Bryce Canyon if you want the most scenic route you can continue up scenic Hwy 12 to Torrey, Utah, then drive west Hwy 24 to I-70. It's a little out of the way, but so worth it.

Joplin MO

Or you could take 24 through Capitol Reef and Hanksville and get to I-70 that way, then take US-191 and US-6 to I-15 to SLC.