1. Default Need advicee on Routes From SF+Yosemite+Las Vegas+Glen Canyon+Grand Canyon

Hi All,

I would like plan a trip to US in coming month July, this is my 1st trip to US.
    Below is my itenerary for road trip, hope can get advice whether workable & won't be to rush for our journey.

Day 1 : San Francisco to San Jose
    Day 2: San Jose to Yosemite NP (sleep someway around Yosemite)
    Day 3: Yosemite to Wawona, Wawona to Fresno, than Fresno to Las Vegas by Flight(Sleep in Las Vegas)
    Day 4: Las Vegas to Zion NP, Zion NP to Page
    Day 5: Page ( Glen Canyon Dam, Antelope Canyon, colorado river at horseshoe bend) to Keyenta (for sleep)
    Day 6: Keyenta to Monument Valley, Monument Valley to Grand Canyon Village
    Day 7: Grand canyon to Hoover Dam
    Day 8: Hoover Dam to Las Vegas
    Day 9: Las Vegas to San Jose
    Day 10 to Day 12: San Jose, San Francisco, Point Reyes NS, Napa Valley

Is this to rush? if time allow, i hope go to death Valley or Mojave Desert.

South of England.

Default 'Busy'.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

Your trip is certainly doable but you won't have a lot of time to explore the wonderful places you are visiting. Is there a reason for travelling to San Jose ? You could just go directly to Yosemite from SF or the airport [SFO?] after a nights rest. I am not sure why you would want to fly to Vegas from Fresno, you could take take the spectacular Tioga pass [CA120] across the Sierra Nevada and turn the hope of visiting Death valley into reality, you will drive right through there on route to Vegas. You could do with an overnight stop to make the best of the trip but to be honest, I would correct that by just doing a brief stop at the Hoover dam and continue on to Vegas on day 7.
    I would also consider having another day to spare between Vegas and the Grand canyon to enjoy all the things you wish to see and perhaps just relax around SF for a couple of days at the end of your trip, but what you have is doable.

The Tioga pass is currently closed but should be open by the time you travel.

Joplin MO

By the time you get the rental turned in at Fresno and go through all the airport hassles, fly to LV, pick up your luggage and rent another car, you might as well just drive! It will be less expensive too.

4. Default

Thanks of advice. i decide travel by car for my whole journey.

Is that we rent the "Chevrolet Aveo 4 door" allow access/enter to National Park (Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon & travel to Las Vegas?

My journey will start from SFO to Las Vegas via Yosemite NP & Death Valley NP & then Grand Canyon, Page & return back to SFO for last stop.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Along your route

Since you will be passing through LV on your way from Death Valley to the Grand Canyon, you will have an opportunity to include the Hoover Dam on that leg.

After Page you cross over the Navajo Bridge on 89, where there is a very interesting interpretive centre. Further along there is the ranger station at Big Water. This is worth a visit simply for the way it is laid out - in a snail formation. Further on you will pass by Vermillion Cliffs, and if you have the time, make a short stop over in Zion. Even one of the short walks there is worth it.

And with all the NPs you will be visiting, be sure to get the annual pass at the first NP you visit. It will be a worthwhile saving.

South of England.

Yes, you will be able to enter all the areas you mention with your rental car. As with all rental contracts, you must not go off paved roads but that will not be a problem for you.

7. Default

Hi, i have booked my car with mid size range, i thin it is more affordable for my long journey. Thanks.