Thread: Weather Radios

Default Weather Radios

We are so confused! We'd like to get one (thinking ahead to when we return to RV'ing), but there are so many different ones to look at! Does anyone have advice, or a website that will explain these in non-geek language?

Thanks!

Donna

This article is a good read.

In a nutshell, I think this one would be the best choice for your RV. It has SAME, it's portable with a rechargeable battery, and it has both a home and travel mode.

Default That article does have some good info, but

That article does have some good info, but you'll probably want a good CB radio in your RV and just about every CB radio has the NOAA weather channels. I like having a portable CB radio I can transfer to different vehicles and rental vehicles. Here's the one I use....(scroll down the page)

Mark

Our current truck, and the one we will be inheriting, both have a CB radio in them. Neither is portable, though. AAMOF, the one in our current truck is circa 1979. (My FIL got it for us when we were early-weds.) It still works like a gem, as long as one remembers to have the antenna on it. I'm not sure how much we will be able to use the CB that's in the new truck, though, unless we can get a shop to install a different type of antenna. The truck camper cabover would go right over where the current antenna is.

Thus, the reason why we are considering a portable weather radio system. Thanks for the links to the article and the Amazon listing. I'll be reading both here shortly!

Donna