1. Default 10 day round trip from Las Vegas

I am planning a road trip of around 10 days starting and ending in Las Vegas. I have seen many of the big national parks in the southwest before (Grand Canyon, Arches etc) so would like to do something different. I was thinking of the following idea:

Las Vegas - Bryce Canyon - Grand Staircase/Escalante - Capitol Reef - Route 50 through Nevada (Ely to Reno) - Lake Tahoe - Death Valley - Las Vegas.

Would this be an interesting drive?

South of England.

Default If it works for you !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It would certainly be an interesting drive for me ! I would firstly consider stopping in Zion NP from Vegas. Utah scenic 12 up to Torrey and then to Capitol Reef on 24 is a wonderful scenic drive and before you get to Ely there is Great basin NP. US 50 [aka the Lonliest road] is quite barren, but if you enjoy desert landscape you will be fine. If you haven't visited Yosemite before a detour would be well worth while, actually it would be if you have been before !!
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 06-11-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Grammar

Melbourne, Australia

Default Would it be what!

A great trip... I can see it now, every mile of it.

You may also be interested in Cottonwood Canyon and Grosvenors Arch. Check with the ranger station at either Cannonville or Big Water before undertaking that trip. Much will depend on the recent weather, the vehicle and your driving ability. But if you can, it is a great drive on a road less travelled. Allow two or three hours.

I drove it in a 1996 Toyota Camry in 2007, and with all the stops to snap yet another pic, took me a few hours to traverse. Met some of the locals on horseback, rounding up their cattle.