1. Default Cross Country Road Trip!

Hi guys!

I'm not actually going to be able to go on a road trip this summer, but I'm writing a novel and my characters are! They're going to start out in Durham, North Carolina and end up in Newport, Oregon, taking a pretty twisted route along the way (going through South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada). Not the most direct route I know, but they're teenagers and they want to see most of the United States.

So my question - or, questions - are - what should they do along this route? What places do they have to see? How much money should they bring? How long should this take them? What essentials do they need in the car (a Ford Explorer)? Also, what would be something interesting that could happen to them along the way?

Thank you! :]

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Not within the spirit of this forum

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'm sorry, but your questions and requests simply are not appropriate for this forum. This site is about helping people plan the trip of their dreams, not help someone try to artificially create a fictionally roadtrip for a book.

For that matter, the questions you are asking simply wouldn't be ones where we could be of much help. If you spend a little time looking around here, you'll find that roadtrips are about individuals and making a trip that fits their interests. Since there is no "you" in this case, there is nothing we can do to help. (In other words, Its hard enough to help real people find their own answers, we certainly can't do that with fictional ones.)

We certainly wish you well in your efforts, and perhaps you can gain some helpful information by browsing around, but your requests are simply not ones that we can help you with.