1. Default LA to Yosemite via Grand Canyon and Vegas

We are planning our first ever roadtrip going in September for 16 days. We are flying to and from LAX and are planning on doing a full loop (LA - GRAND CANYON - VEGAS - YOSEMITE - SAN FRANCISCO - LA). We would like to see as much as we can without tiring ourselves out too much! I realise this is one of the most popular and most discussed routes but I'm really just seeking advice for one part of it at th moment - the first part from LA to Yosemite.

Firstly, would you recommend goingo to Grand Canyon before Vegas or vice versa? And would you recommend doing this drive straight without stopping in between?

Secondly, from Grand Canyon/ Vegas to Yosemite throug Death Valley- would we need a night stopover somewhere in between to break up the journey? If so, can you recommend anywhere?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

South of England.

Default GC first.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Yes, I would head direct to GC from LA and then to Vegas. It could be done in a day or with an overnight you could do a little sight seeing along the way.

Vegas to Yosemite could again be done same day, but I wouldn't recommend it. Death valley will take a little time to explore and you won't want to rush over the spectacular Tioga pass into Yosemite. Somewhere around the Bishop/Mammoth area makes for a good overnight stop.

3. Default

Great we will do it that way then. Thanks for a straightforward answer and quick response! !This website really is a fantastic find!