Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Me and a buddy wanna go on a roadtrip.....WHERE TO?!

Me and my buddy live in eastern Pennsylvania, we want to go on a road-trip this summer. We just don't know where to. Any help?

Default Wherever You Want Within Your Limitations

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You have given people absolutely no clue on what interests you, how much time you have, what your budget is, or anything else about you. Read through any number of discussions here and you'll find a constant refrain: There is no generic one-size-fits-all, "best" RoadTrip full of "must sees". You'll get out of this forum commensurate with what you put in, which so far is not much. You are going to have to start the discussion, not expect people to start throwing out ideas until one of them strikes your fancy.

AZBuck

3. Default

Sorry, I'm a bit tired and woozy from work. We're big into cars, we're thinking maybe a NASCAR race somewhere, or a museum of some sort and war history and such. We really don't care, we just want to go somewhere.

That's still not nearly enough information for anyone to really give you any help. You've now given a couple of very broad topics that might narrow down the possibilities from the billions into the millions, but that's about it. Without the other things that Buck mentioned, including the amount of time you have, and even a general direction, you're asking people to simply fire blindly.

If you want some legitimate help, you really are going to have to come up with a foundation first. At bare minimum that means a couple major stops that you want to focus on.

This forum can help you fill in the gaps, but what "go somewhere" means is a question that only you (there's that word again) can answer.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    If you want some legitimate help, you really are going to have to come up with a foundation first. At bare minimum that means a couple major stops that you want to focus on.
    That's the thing. We don't know where to even begin. We want it to be far enough away that it's a "road-trip". I just need some tips on how to pick a destination or two

The best tip anyone can give you is to get out a map and just see what's out there that might peak your interest. Also just think of anyplace you've ever heard of and though, "that sounds interesting."

The "daydream" stage of planning is one of the best parts, enjoy it!

Default Pick Them

That, in a nutshell is the advice we're giving you. Pick them.

You know what interests you.

You know how much time you have.

You know how much time you have to spend.

You know what will make a great trip for you.

I don't.

Sit down with your friend and discuss this. Surely you have some idea. At the very least decide on a direction, timeframe and budget. Otherwise we really can't help you.

AZBuck
    Last edited by AZBuck; 06-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.

8. Default

Thanks guys. I'll update this when we narrow it down just a bit. Thanks for your patience with this beginner!

You said "war history". On your side of the continent, you've got a ton of civil war sites that could be a circle tour. There's one thought.

Donna

10. Default

Well, we've decided. We're gonna try and go see the final space shuttle launch on July 8th, and probably an Atlanta Braves game