1. Default Oklahoma to New Hampshire?

I'm planning to go on a road trip with a friend for next year summer after my senior year (high school graduation) Is this a bad idea? Any suggestions? Place to visit? Why I shouldn't go? Is it possible? Warnings?

Thank You

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Well, this certainly isn't a place you should expect to tell you not to take a roadtrip.

However, Roadtrips involve a lot of responsibility. First, if you won't both be at least 18, you would likely be best waiting until you are, for a variety of reasons.

I'd also say that your first roadtrip shouldn't be one that takes you halfway across the country. You'd be much better off at least starting by taking a couple small trips that are only a couple hundred miles away to get a feel for what you like, what you don't like, and how you like to travel.

Also don't underestimate the costs of such a trip, as that's another area where people overlook. That's even more true in your situation where you live with your parents can its easy to forget how much things like groceries can cost.

3. Default

Thank you for replying! I really appreciate it! We both will be 18 by then, actually I would be 19 by the time we take that road trip.

I had some small experiences with short distant road trips such as driving down to Dallas, or going with someone to Colorado or Nevada. Even though I will admit others took care of those trips so I didnt have to do much or anything at all, however I did get a little taste of what it would be like. I'm also aware of the cost, therefore we are saving up right now and hopefully by then we would have enough, or maybe even more than enough would be great. We know someone from New Hampshire so we would be staying with them, that should help with reducing our spending.

We both enjoy a little adventure sometimes so we are both nervous yet excited for it. But we are still pretty new to this, we aren't aware of all the risks and problems that we will be running into. I want to make sure when we take that roadtrip, we both would be well prepared for it.

Thank you once again! Any suggestions, warnings, or advices are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 06-03-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Removed Quote of Entire Previous Post