1. Default San Francisco to Portland, Or....any ideas or hints would be appreciated!!

Flying in to San francisco at 1pm and renting a car ,trip duration is about 8 days! doing SF for one day and taking off to napa or sonoma the next day for wine tasting...not sure which is better. then heading to Lassen volcanic NP and camping there for one day. next stop is Redwood National Park not sure if I should do 1 or 2 days there, would like to stop by at Jedediah Smith State Park . then head to crater lake national park camp for one day there. next drive to Portland and hopefully spend a day there and fly out. Is this too much?
    I would appreciate any ideas or advice !
    Thanks

Default Looks good.

Hi, welcome back to RTA !

The trip you have outlined is about a 1000 miles and could be driven in two long days, so you certainly have time to enjoy some of the sites. You can search the forums and in the tool bars above for other ideas, [Routes, Attractions, Map centre etc] one you could consider after Crater lake would be to head for the Hood Nat forest and up to Hood river and drive along the Columbia river gorge towards Portland.

3. Default Thanks

Thank you for responing! Just not sure which park to spend mre time at or if I should do the Oregon coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre77 View Post
    Thank you for responing! Just not sure which park to spend mre time at or if I should do the Oregon coast?
    Yup!! That's the dilemna we all face...

In the end that is a decision only you can make. Do your research on this site, the NP site and the rest of the www, and then decide. If you find you made the wrong decision, well, there is a great excuse to plan another trip...... for another time.

Lifey

I agree with Lifey, in that it is it is your decision to make and a scenario we are all familiar with. The one thing I will say though is that I don't think there is a "wrong decision," just a few great options to choose from !

[Although I know what Lifey meant and agree that there is always another time.]