1. Default Plano to Seattle

Hello All,

It is my first month to me over USA, I am planning to go to Seattle from Plano Tx starting Friday Need to be there on Sunday, my first concern in the best places where I can spend the night over on the roads, also I need to know the total driving hours?

Is it trip where I can Enjoy site seeing of Nature & nice places?

Is it recommended to have one stop or two, taking into consideration I have 2 yrs old baby?

What is best stops where I can divide the way (Time & distance) & enjoy the stop itself?

I appreciate your help in this thanks in Advance.

Default Not with a baby

This is a 2000 mile trip, and on your own you would be really pushing it to do it in three days, and definitely more than we would recommend for a safe journey.

However, with a two year old, you could be looking at five to six days, simply because it would be most unwise to keep a two year old baby strapped in a car seat for such an extended time, day after day. At best you will have an irritable crying child. At worst you could be reported for child abuse. You are going to need to break the trip every few hours for the sake of the child, and spending significant time out of the car, playing and allowing the child a decent nap. Most children will sleep happily in a moving car, but this is not recommended for successive days. The child will not be getting the rest it needs, become unsettled, and possibly keep you up half the night. As the only driver, this could very well leave you unfit to face another full day's driving.

I highly recommend for your, and your child's sake, you consider flying and have the car shipped or driven to Seattle.

Lifey

Default A big No No !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I am in total agreement with Lifey. It's not 100% clear that you are a solo traveller with baby [although it sounds like it] but even so, it is a 4 day trip without time for sight seeing other than at rest areas where you should take regular breaks. Again, if you can't leave Thurs or arrive Mon you will be better off and it will be safer to get an airline ticket. With 3 days you are still looking at far too long a day in the car while trying to care for a baby and could end up on the road for 14 hours and getting a poor nights sleep as baby is wide awake.

4. Default We are 2 Adults

Hello All,

Thanks for your advice

Actually I have the mother of the baby with me, she can drive but I prefer she is free of taking care of the baby,,,

My plan with like driving from Plano at 5am morning, to Denver then spend the night over & Take off from Denver to Nampa Id spend the night there then to Seattle on Sunday,,, I know that may not allow me to have any sight seeing :-(

Is it reasonable plan?

Is it reasonable plan?
    In a word, No. It is not safe to travel over 800 miles and for 14/15 hours a day, especially back to back, and that is why professional drivers are not allowed to do so. To expect a 2 year old toddler to put up with being seated in a vehicle for such a long amount of time is also unreasonable. With just an hour in the evening to eat and unwind and an hour in the morning to get showered etc you will be struggling to get 7 hours sleep and then do it all again. When you tire and are fatigued and the little one starts to vocally let you know that it has had enough you have a recipe for disaster.

Please rethink.

If you need to be there Sunday, you need to leave early Thursday morning - and don't plan on getting there till Sunday evening. If you can't do that, buy airline tickets.

We are 2 Adults
    That is good to know. The two of you will probably cope. But it does not change the fact that you can not expect a baby to be strapped into a car seat for +/-35 hours over four days. It is cruel, bordering on abuse.

Please consider the child. Drive the car up by yourself, and encourage the mother and child to fly. This is a safe and comfortable journey to travel on your own, especially if you do it over four days. But don't expect to have time for sightseeing.