1. Default Suggestions needed for mom & teen daughter trip

I have 5 days to spend with my 17 year old daughter in mid-July and am looking for creative suggestions. My daughter likes the excitement of the city but also appreciates beautiful scenery. She likes music, science, art, and history. She loves to eat well and be pampered. We'll be staying in hotels.

We are pretty well traveled. We live just south of Boston and have toured most of New England, and go to NYC twice a year. We spend every summer on Cape Cod. We've been to Montreal 3 times, Quebec City once. Washington DC once (right before Obama inauguration) with a few days in Philly on the way home.

I'm looking for something a bit further away. I was thinking about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame but wasn't sure what the drive was like or if there was anything fun to see along the way. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

The one major city in the region you didn't mention was Toronto, which certainly has plenty of the things you are talking about, and you could always visit Niagara Falls along the way.

If you do go with Cleveland, you could also include a day in the Roller Coaster Mecca of Sandusky and check out Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the area.

If you want to get away from cities, you could also look at the suggestions provided when you asked a similar question earlier this year.

3. Default

Thanks MM. Toronto sounds like great idea! What do you suggest visiting along the way? I don't want to drive more than 6 hours in a day.

As you might imagine, this is not an uncommon topic on the forum, so I'd recommend you start at this list of "best of" Boston to Niagara Falls threads.

That should give plenty of ideas to start the planning, but we'll be here if you've got more specific questions.

If you want to go to Toronto, you both need to get your passports!

I assumed since they've been to Montreal and QC multiple times they already have them, although it is a good reminder that 16 and 17 year olds do need a passport. Children can cross the border with their parents with just a birth certificate, but the age cut-off is 15 or younger (in most cases), not 18.