Thread: Africa to Usa

Default Africa to Usa

My wife and I have just secured a 4 month sabbatical we plan to us it to explore the Usa we have 2 children aged 4and 6. My plan is to fly into New York from South Africa rent a rv travel down to Florida see Disney see the Florida keys then travel across the country to the west coast and maybe do a cruise to Hawaii and thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated .

South of England.

Default Getting started.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It sounds like an amazing opportunity to visit the USA with the time to go just about anywhere you please. At the moment all I can offer in ideas is to suggest that you get a good map of the USA and use the RTA resources that you will find covers all aspects of road tripping. As well as the forums you will notice in the tool bars above that you have mapping programs, Routes, planning and a whole section dedicated to RV'ing, plus much more.

As you start to build your trip and you think of specific questions then just ask and we will be pleased to help any way we can, but for such a large trip over a long period of time it's too vague to be of any help at the moment.

Enjoy the planning !

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

It sounds like you've got a very grand idea and certainly 4 months will be a great amount of time to travel.

Having said that you with that amount of time and talking about traveling across the entire US, you really have a trip that is too vague for us to provide any specific "thoughts or ideas."

I'd simply recommend you spend some time looking around the site and getting a better idea of the details what you'd like to do. Once you've got some specific questions, we'll be glad to help.