1. Default Pacific Northwest Honeymoon

My husband-to-be and I will be spending our honeymoon roadtripping from Wisconsin to Washington, Oregon and N. California if there is time.

We are both BIG outdoor enthusiasts, very active and appreciate seclusion. Not so much into antiques and window shopping. We are keeping a pretty loose itinarary but it would be nice to have some destinations in mind. Any suggestions for places that will not be packed with tourists? Places that we should avoid or definately see? FYI, our budget is teeny tiny.

Thank you!

Tucson, AZ

Default Timing? Could be Perfect

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You've posted in the Fall & Winter RoadTrips forum, so I assume that's when you're going. The good news is that almost all the tourists will have gone home by the end of September and you can have the great National Parks of the Rockies and Pacific Northwest practically to yourselves. I have made a RoadTrip north-south through this area in October and actually had Yellowstone practically to myself. You will have to be aware of the weather and ready to move on should the snow start to fly, but if you have proper cold weather gear, camping at this time of year can be great, and even if you decide not to rough it, motels are charging off-season rates, and since most of their rooms will be empty, you might even be able to negotiate something even better. So, don't hesitate to try for the 'big' parks. If they prove to be too crowded for you, then there are the National Forests. If even they are too populated for you, the west is full of wilderness areas, which are by definition more than 50 miles from a paved road and offer no prepared campsites to attract any but the most dedicated outdoor enthusiasts.