Thread: trip to the usa

1. Default trip to the usa

my wife and i are planning a trip to the us next spring 2012 from southampton england. we are flying to chicago and want to drive to washington we are having 20 days in total, 4 nights in chicago and 3 in washington, we want to take in the falls us side and spend the rest of the time seeing the sites between the 2 citys staying at towns on route we do not care where because we have the time to do so. places of interest and nice sights to see please any ideal we will welcome.

Tucson, AZ

Default Chicago - Niagara - DC

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Between Chicago and Niagara, some stops worth considering include Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, the University of Notre Dame, Greenfield Village, Cedar Point Amusement Park, the Bass Islands, the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and the Lucy-Desi Museum.

Like most of the more popular RoadTrip areas in the United States the Mid-Atlantic region has been the topic of a number of previous discussions here. Rather than try to repeat all that (and invariably miss something) let me point you to these posts to get you started: Niagara to NYC, and Niagara to DC. Then if you have any further questions or request for more specific types of venues we can perhaps offer you some more detailed assistance.

Melbourne, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by ssmeeth View Post
    ... we want to take in the falls us side ...
    Any reason why only the US side? The best of the falls is seen from the Canadian side, and you already have your passport. Not as if you need an extra visa to enter another Commonwealth country. Besides, the IMAX movie of the Falls (worth seeing) is on the Canadian side. It is also the side where they are floodlit at night. A most colourful display. And if you have time, it is well worth taking the Maid of the Mist boat trip to the base of the falls, from either side.