1. Default 10 Day California Raod Trip

I'm planning a 10 day (9 night) visit to California in early July with my wife and adult kids. We're flying into and out of San Francisco. I'm thinking that we will spend a few days in San Francisco a day or 2 in or around Yosemite and then head back to the coast to take the coastal route to San Diego stopping along the way. This is a one way drive. The plan is to fly back to San Fran from San Diego for our flight out. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about the plan in general and specific things to do or see and where to stop along the way? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Your basic plan sounds good, and there are no shortage of things to do, nor are there are shortage of threads discussing the area you are talking about. It is far and away the most popular topic on this forum, so rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, I suggest you start by spending a little time looking around the forum. Here are just a few of our favorites to get you started.

If you have more specific questions as you move forward in your planning, feel free to ask.

3. Default Road Trip Taking Shape

Midwest Michael - Thanks for the links!

4. Default

Make sure to check on the Hwy 1 construction, near Big Sur. We just got back a few weeks ago and hwy 1 doesn't make it from SF to hearts Castle, there is a detour north of hearts and you have to drive to 101 which is a good chunk of time. You can still do everythign just plan accordingly.