1. Default Where to start 4 days in Southwest. Carlsbad Caverns, Sedona, Grand Canyon

Confused Southeasterner going west for meeting in Phoenix. Priority sites are Carlsbad Caverns, Sedona, Grand Canyon and perhaps Tombstone just to say we were there, but the turquoise loop sounds interresting. The problem is, I only have four free days. Where should I fly in to start? The smaller airports are pricey. What else is a must see? (I must end the adventure in Phoenix.) Thank you.

South of England.

Default Phoenix ?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

To hit the spots you mention a loop could work out to be your best option, it could save on flight costs and one way drop fees for your car rental and would be about 2.5 days of dedicated driving. It only adds up to Approx 170 miles more than flying into Albu for example.

In a smaller loop that doesn't include Carlsbad it would give you more time out of the car and you could include Monument valley, Canyon De Chelley and a couple of less visited places such as Walnut canyon and Sunset Crater. [?]

3. Default

I understand, Carlsbad is a problem but it is also a major reason for the trip. I would like to get to Monument Valley, we have been to the Grand Canyon several times and would really just do a drive by there

4. Default

if I start in Phoenix, on day one and drive to Carlsbad, do the caverns the next day, then what would you recomend?