1. Default Seattle to Denver???

Great forum you have going on!!!
    This is my first post, I'm italian, I know the east coast pretty well, but started to discover the other side of the nation just recently. Last year I've traveled across southern California, Nevada, Arizona and Utha. My dream trip is to go from Denver to Vancouver, but this year we have a couple of friends coming along wich are not too crazy about the mountains ( we live right in the heart of the Alps, we see mountains everyday) do you have any suggestions??? Thanks in advance
    Michele

2. Default

I forgot, an other option could be Denver to San Francisco or Vancouver to San Francisco.
    What would you reccomend?
    15 days total

Default Too many to mention !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With the options you are considering and the area they cover it is impossible to make meaningful suggestions at the moment. I would simply look around the forums and road trip planning pages above together with a good map of the US and see which areas hold the most interest to you as a group. When you have done so we can help fill in the blanks.

I do have to ask. If you don't want to see Mountains, then why did you come up with this plan? Denver and Vancouver are both cities famous for being surrounded by mountains, and you've got numerous mountains in between, no matter which way you travel. They're great cities, and there is a lot you can do, but a whole heck of a lot of it involves things that you are "not too crazy about."

In any case, logistically, I think you'll find that it is a whole lot easier to end your trip in Seattle. Starting your trip in the US and finishing in Canada is very difficult and expensive when it comes to things like car rentals and plane tickets.

5. Default

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I do have to ask. If you don't want to see Mountains, then why did you come up with this plan? Denver and Vancouver are both cities famous for being surrounded by mountains, and you've got numerous mountains in between, no matter which way you travel. They're great cities, and there is a lot you can do, but a whole heck of a lot of it involves things that you are "not too crazy about."
    Thanks for your reply. You are right about the mountains, the truth is that three of them are more in to cities and oceans but I am a mountain freek. That's why we've decided to go from Seattle to Los Angeles.
    I know the area going from Napa down to L.A. pretty well, but have no idea of what to look for from Seattle to Napa. Any Suggestions?
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 04-18-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote tag

There are many, many options from the Cities to the coast to inland places like Crater Lake [check on status at time of travel]. You will find plenty of info throughout the forums but here are some links to get you started.

Things to do in Seattle.

Beaches in SW Washington.

Some great ideas for Oregon

And more ideas heading South.

And this thread that heads the other way from LA, but turn it around and it has some great info.

That should keep you going for a while, enjoy the planning !

7. Default

Thank you guys, nice infos. I think I have plenty to look around. I'll try to make my route, and I will let you know.