Hi road trippers!
I'm planning a one way trip from the Sacramento area to East Tennessee in June this summer. My hubster and I are moving to the Knoxville area. We're going to have a moving company take all of our stuff and it'll leave us with approximately 10 days between packing up here and unloading there. So we decided to take our time driving to TN and make a little road trip out of it!
Here are the particulars:
- It will be my husband, myself and our golden retriever.
- We have people we can stay with in northeastern Kansas and possibly in southern Missouri, but we don't necessarily need to stay with either.
- We plan to mostly camp. I've been looking for dog friendly national parks along the way and I found a couple in Colorado (Great Sand Dunes and Black Canyon of the Gunnison) but it looks like most of the other parks don't allow dogs on any of the trails. Any suggestions for dog friendly hiking and/or camping spots would be greatly appreciated!
- We're mostly interested in outdoor activities. We enjoy hiking and I would love some beautiful scenery to photograph.
- I'm a little concerned about the dog in the summer heat, but if there's water for him to swim in, I think he'll be fine.
- Also, we've never taken the dog camping before. (I think he's going to love it!)
Thanks for taking time to help us out! I really appreciate any suggestions or tips that you might have for us.