Default Need Help! Taking family of 5 from LA to Vancouver BC- food & hotel near Yreka CA?

Hello All! I'm taking my family of 5 from LA to Vancouver BC mid August this year- any suggestions on food or hotels near Yreka CA or Portland Oregon? We have limited time so we will probably bypass SF (been there) and Seattle (done that)... we're spending most of our time with family(probably 4 days) in Vancouver... looking forward to your suggestions! Thanks!

Default Any kids?

If you have kids of the right age, or are otherwise railroading fans, there's a 'resort' just south of Dunsmuir that offers lodging in converted boxcars and cabooses (Railroad Park Resort). Dinner can be had in an old dining car.

One of our favorite lunch spots (when we head north from our home in the SF Bay area) is in downtown Dunsmuir; the Cornerstone Bakery. There are other dining options, but this is not a big town.

Dunsmuir is about 45 miles/minutes south of Yreka on I5.

Thanks CalOldBlue! Yes, 3 daughters but older, 14, 19, 22 years old, so it'll be fun seeing them out of their citified element! thanks for the tip, will def check it out... please keep 'em coming, everyone...! Any comments on 7 feathers resort?

I will also mention that the scenery around Dunsmuir is spectacular; the Sacramento River Valley gets very narrow, and winds past Castle Crags; a granite outcrop very reminiscent of the Sierra (and some geologic types are postulating these mountains split off the north end of the Sierra eons ago).