1. Default 2 weeks Arizona Trip in May

Hi a family with 4 children ages 7 and under who lived in east valley of Phoenix , AZ would like to take a two weeks trip around Arizona.We've gone to grand Canyon,woods canyon lake, sedona,sunset crater,wuptaki,but would love to explore the other beauties of Arizona in a two week time frame in May. We would love to take this trip to share it to our relatives and friends who may want to visit Arizona.We will love to tent camping and maybe possible stay a cheap hotel on the way back..I would love to plan the best route to cover east, west north and south..would love to stress though I like to stop to tombstone,bisbee on the way back home possible a reasonable place to stay like a cheap hotel or motel . Please any help with these matter will be greatly appreciated..thanks

Tucson, AZ

Default Arizona on a Hundred Miles a Day

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

In response to your query, I started mapping out a route around Arizona that took in most of my favorite places in the state that you haven't been to yet. Surprisingly, it ended up totaling only around 1400 miles, which over two weeks requires the low daily mileage referred to in the title. Anyway, without going into detailed routing, such a loop could/would take you to the following places, listed in clockwise order from Phoenix: Salt River Canyon, Petrified Forest National Park, Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site, the Coronado Trail Scenic Byway, Gila Box Riparian National Conservation Area, Fort Bowie National Historic Site, Chiricahua National Monument, Bisbee, Tombstone, San Pedro Riparian National Conservation Area, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Pima Air and Space Museum, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, Wickenburg, Prescott, and Agua Fria National Monument.

And as always, be sure to check at the entramce/visitors' center of any National Park, Monument, Historic Site, etc., for any Junior Ranger programs they have for your children.

3. Default Thanks AZbuck

I really appreciate your quick response..This sure helps me to map out our plan..The places that you've mention is sure very interesting to visit.
    thanks again.

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Hard to go wrong cruising down Route 66 at some point.

Near the western end is the town of Oatman with its burros which I think your children might like.