1. Default Oklahoma City to Colorado Springs

This summer, my wife and I are planning to drive cross country from Boston to Yosemite NP in California. Have most of it planned out but the biggest question is the drive from Oklahoma City to Colorado Springs. Has anyone done it...what is the best route...what is there to see along the long should it take?

Thanks one and all.

Joplin MO

You can just make it from OKC to COS in 1 day - via Amarillo, then 287/87/64/I-25. Figure about 12 hours. However, I'd probably split it up into a 2 day drive with a night in Santa Fe. Take I-40 to 285 to get to Santa Fe, that's a full day's drive, figure about 10 hours. The next day, it will take you about 1.5 hours to get to Taos, then about 4.5 hours to COS. Santa Fe and Taos are both good tourist attractions. Santa Fe direct to COS on I-25 is about 5.5 hours.

If you want to make it a 3 day drive, you could spend a night in both places.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Really close to being able to integrate this, but....

Howdy to Carpy, I've had the pleasure of some off-the-forum correspondence in recent days. I ran this route on the Map Wizard and selected a list of those attractions within 100 miles of the route and here's that information.

Within a few short days, we hope to be able to start posting our own custom maps here. We've been able to post Google-generated maps here -- but we really want to offer you the option of displaying maps the way you want them to appear... And we're pretty close....