1. Default Planning USA Road Trip

My Friends and I are planning a huge summer road trip Flying to Toronto and ending at San Francisco.

We would like to visit the following on our way Toronto - New York -Florida - Texas - Arizona - Tijuana and California.

We still haven't mapped out exactly how we are going to spend our time, but what we had in mind is spending just a couple of days in each city visiting all the major attractions which are on our way.

Is 3/4 weeks enough to view most of the things on our way? I would hate going back and find out we missed out.

Below is the route we wish to take. Its still our first draft so if anyone has any suggestion or tips it would be greatly appreciated

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

3/4 weeks is a nice amount of time for this trip, where you should be able to see a lot of things and have a good time. However, the reality is that unless you've got 3-4 years, you will be missing out on some things (and frankly, even that might not be enough time!) so you just have to focus on what you can do with the time you have available.

A couple things you do need to keep in mind.

First, starting in Canada and ending in the US will either be impossible or very expensive. One way rentals across the border generally are not allowed, and in the rare cases where they are, at huge surcharge is added to do so. It would be much cheaper and easier for you to start your trip in another city.

Your map has you stopping at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That's not a bad thing, but the South Rim is the more frequently visited side that has more traveler services.

Also, I would strongly recommend you cross Tijuana off your list. The city is simply not safe, as the police and drug cartels are engaged in what can only be called a war. As has been pointed out on this forum before, US Marines stationed in the San Diego area have been warned against traveling there because of the danger, and if it's too dangerous for the Marines, do you really want to be there?

3. Default

Thanks, thats exactly what we were looking for.

How easy is it to travel from toronto to new york by bus or train? As we would like to avoid using planes as much as possible and enjoy the scenic views!

Is it possible to list the places on our route worth visiting?

Joplin MO

Amtrak does have a Toronto-NYC route. I'll take a train long before I'll take a bus.

Green County, Wisconsin

While I understand GLC's general concern about buses, one option I would look at is Megabus. The are a low cost express bus service, so unlike Greyhound where you could be stopping several times an hour, you'd only stop a couple of times on the entire trip. Their prices are also dirt cheap, based on demand, so if you book early and on a non-peak trip, you could get a ticket for under $50 each way. I've taken them a couple times, each time because it wound up being far cheaper than driving myself, and I've been happy with the service.