1. Default Chicago to Niagara Falls

I'm planning a four day trip from Chicago to Niagara Falls. It's my first trip to the area and I would rather take my time to get there instead of driving straight, so I might just spend one night and two days in the Niagara Falls area. I think I would like to arrive to the USA side first and then drive back home through Canada. Any advice on places to stop on the way? Is four days enough? Should I drive non stop instead. Any reservations on the way? Many questions, so any advice and recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Joplin MO

It's just possible to drive from Chicago to Niagara Falls in one day, so 2 days would be a very leisurely trip. Why not do it in a day and a half? I-90 all the way from Chicago to Buffalo. The halfway point is somewhere between Toledo and Cleveland - so I'd say you should make it at least as far as Cleveland for the overnight - if it's still early and you feel up to it, just keep going till you feel you need to stop. You won't need to make any reservations, just find a motel/hotel and walk in.

Same thing applies on the way back through Canada - take 403 to 401 to 402 and cross the border at Sarnia. Take I-69 to I-94 to I-90. The halfway point is between Sarnia and Flint, perhaps you could overnight in London.

This would give you 2 half days and an overnight in Niagara.

Tucson, AZ

Default A Stop or Two

Where to stop on any given RoadTrip depends far more on your interests than what's available. There's always something available. To give you just a general idea, if you plan to stop somewhere around Cleveland on your eastbound leg, then you've got several choices. Scenic: Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Scientific: Natural History Museum, Cultural/Eclectic: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Similarly, coming back through Canada, and presuming you'd be spending the night somewhere around Detroit, Dearborn Village is just one of many spots worth a stop.